St. George’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs K Saunders 01985 218284
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Mr S Halligan 01985 218284 firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Governor Mrs D Kennett
Resources for Children
Anti Bullying Charter
Support Agencies for Children and Young People
Schools are required by the Dept. of Education to put in place strengthened measures to protect children from harm online – including cyber-bullying, sexting, pornography and the risk of radicalisation. Schools will:
- need to have appropriate filters and monitoring systems, so that no child can access harmful content via the school’s IT systems and concerns can be spotted quickly
- be required to ensure that they teach their pupils about safeguarding, including online
Please find below useful links for Parents regarding Online Safety for children;
- Internet Matters
Internet Matters: one-stop-shop for parents – excellent information for parents/teachers
- Parents Protect
Parents Protect – Resources
- Parent Zone
- Parent Info – a website for parents covering all issues amplified by the internet.
- Home Activity Packs – Learn about online safety at home
- Gov.uk – Cyberbullying
- Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media improves the lives of kids and families by providing independent reviews, age ratings, & other information about all types of media.
- https://nationalonlinesafety.com/guides – Useful guides for Parents